Tooth-Colored Fillings – Campbell, CA
We Repair Cavities Without Dark Metals
Traditionally, metal amalgam fillings were the treatment of choice for repairing decayed teeth – in fact, older patients likely still have a few in their smiles today. While successful enough at the time, this type of restorative care did come with several significant pitfalls, such as the unnecessary reduction of healthy dental structure and excessive sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures. That’s why Dr. Karen Ho and the rest of our team are happy to have invested in a much more conservative and aesthetically pleasing alternative: tooth-colored fillings. Struggling with a cavity? Don’t hesitate to contact our Campbell, CA practice today and schedule an appointment.
Why Choose Karen Ho DDS for Tooth Colored Fillings?
- Seamless Cosmetic & Health Improvements
- Modern Digital Technology for Patient Comfort
- Friendly, Low-Pressure Dental Team
The Tooth-Colored Fillings Process
In most cases, Dr. Ho can complete a tooth-colored filling in just one appointment. She will use composite resin, which is a conservative and flexible material that comes in a wide spectrum of enamel-colored shades, allowing for a precise match with your current smile. After removing the decayed portions of the tooth with an air abrasion system that enables her not to have to use a drill or give anesthetic, she will apply the resin directly to the dental surface and sculpt it into place. Once she’s satisfied with the finished placement, a special curing light will harden the filling safely into its new position. The finished result is a well-functioning and aesthetically pleasing smile addition that won’t interfere with the rest of your confident smile!
What are the Benefits of Tooth-Colored Fillings?
- Like the name implies, tooth-colored fillings are very cosmetically friendly and will hardly be noticeable in a natural smile, which is a far cry from the dark-colored metals of yesterday.
- Composite resin can be used to sculpt smaller, more conservative fillings, which means that Dr. Ho will be able to preserve the maximum amount of remaining healthy dental structure.
- Because there are no metals present in tooth-colored fillings, they will be much less sensitivity to changes in temperature.
- On average, tooth-colored fillings can last for 10-15 years or even longer with proper maintenance.
How Can I Prevent Cavities?
As we strongly believe here in Campbell, prevention will always be the best medicine possible. That’s why Dr. Ho and her team work closely with patients to help them understand how to avoid cavities in everyday life. Here are some helpful tips to keep in mind:
- Make sure to brush your teeth twice each day – once in the morning and once at night. Use a toothpaste that contains fluoride as well!
- Floss around each and every tooth on a daily basis.
- Maintain a nutritious and balanced diet that has limited exposure to overly sugary foods.
- Make sure to schedule regular checkups and cleanings at Dr. Ho’s office twice each year! Our team can locate tooth decay when it’s still small and provide conservative treatment that prevents more significant damage.